COVID – 19 Policy and information for students
- Wear a mask when entering and exiting the school building and in communal areas.
- Keep a distance of 1m+ from others including within the school building.
- Only people wearing a mask are being admitted into the building (The entrance buzzer is sanitised regularly throughout the day).
- Use the hand sanitiser provided outside the door before entering the building.
- Wash your hands regularly throughout the day.
- In class each student and teacher can decide to wear a mask or not.
- Catch any coughs or sneezes in a tissue and dispose of it in the bin. Use your elbow if you have no tissue.
- Bring your own cup / mug / bottle of water for drinks during the day.
- Sit in the same chair each day at the same desk to minimise the risk of spreading any germs.
- Your classroom will usually only be used by your class.
- Anyone appearing ill or displaying covid symptoms e.g. a cough, temperature or loss of sense of smell will be asked to go home, book a test and self-isolate.
- Follow the one-way system which is in place to aid social distancing.
- During breaks you may remain in your class group or ‘bubble’. (Tea and coffee making facilities are provided in classrooms.)
- We ask that you bring your own mask but shields and masks are available to students if required.
- Toilets are cleaned and disinfected every day, including door handles and window openings. Soap is provided in toilets for handwashing, which should be for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Hand sanitisers are available in every classroom and must be used when entering the classroom.
- The number of students in classrooms is limited to ensure social distancing.
- Each student is provided with their own coursebook.
- Photocopies are kept to a minimum.
- Classrooms are cleaned every day including desks, boards, door handles, window openings and chairs. Bins are emptied at the end of each day.
- Extra sanitisers, soaps, disinfectants, paper towels etc are available on request.
- You may use the front garden but should always remain 1m+ from others.
- DO NOT COME TO SCHOOL if you are feeling ill. Contact the school for instructions and advice on what to do.
- If you are ill and have come into contact with other people in the school, you will have to self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days. In this case the school will offer you on-line lessons.
- If there is a confirmed case of Covid 19, a class will close for 14 days and everybody must self-isolate. In these instances the school will not refund the tuition fees but will provide on-line lessons.
- You must wash your hands for at least 20 seconds on arriving home.
- You must respect the rules given by your homestay provider.
- If they, or a member of the household shows symptoms of Covid 19, you must self-isolate with the homestay provider, even if you have no symptoms, for a minimum of 14 days. The school will offer you on-line lessons during this time.
- If you fail to follow these guidelines, you may be asked to leave with immediate effect and will receive no refund for your tuition and accommodation. You will have to organise your own travel home.
- In the event of a student displaying symptoms during school you will be asked to return home, self-isolate and book a test.
Study with Suzanne Sparrow Plymouth Language School