Accommodation for Students

Our homestay accommodation, which is carefully selected and available to all our students, provides the experience of living in an English home, where you will have the opportunity to practise your English with your host in a relaxed setting.

Hotel and Bed and Breakfast within walking distance of the school is also widely available.

For students who are with us for several months, or would prefer greater independence, we are able to provide assistance in looking for rented accommodation.

Homestay Accommodation
  • Most of our students live in an English home during their course, where they are given a warm welcome. If the student chooses to do this, it provides an opportunity to practise their English and experience our country and culture.
  • Full board accommodation will be provided and will include a packed lunch and evening meal with your host during the week.
  • Adults are allocated a single room, whilst all juniors are offered single or twin bed accommodation. There will be no more than 4 students staying with a homestay provider at the same time.
  • We provide free bus passes to all our individual students staying with our homestay providers.
  • Our hosts offer a laundry service and will do their best to ensure you have a home from home environment.
  • Before you travel we will give you details of your accommodation and we will also meet you on arrival in Plymouth and introduce you to your homestay provider.
  • All homestays provide students with a space to study.

Accommodation is £25 per night.

Private Rented Accommodation

Many students rent accommodation from private landlords which they find independently or through a letting agent. If you’re planning to rent a house, flat or room, make sure you understand what’s involved.

These links provide information and advice on renting accommodation from a private landlord whether you’re living on your own or sharing with friends.

Using a guarantor
Explains the responsibilities of someone who acts as a guarantor for rent, for a student renting housing privately.

Explains how to protect a deposit paid as security in private rented student housing. Covers making an inventory, deductions at the end of a tenancy and withholding rent.

Sharing accommodation
Explains how the rights and responsibilities of students sharing accommodation vary, according to the type of tenancy agreement they have (whether they are joint tenants, sole tenants or lodgers).

Council tax
Explains the rules about students and council tax. Covers proving you are exempt, sharing accommodation with people who aren’t students, time off between courses and problems affecting postgraduate students.

For more information on renting private accommodation as a student visit


Take a course with us and see how we can help you achieve your goals!