Business English Courses
One to one
From 23 hours per week
from £512.50 per week
Intensive English for Business and Professionals
Our Business English Courses are total immersion courses for individuals or small groups.
7 hours per day* on a one to one basis (group prices are available on request). All levels. Minimum age: 18.
Students receive a needs analysis at the beginning of the course to optimise the use of their time spent in the classroom.
English Plus Business
The English Plus Business course is in (small) mixed nationality classes. The morning lessons are designed to help students improve all their skills in English through a variety of interesting tasks and activities.
They focus on grammar and vocabulary with the chance to practise these through speaking, listening, reading and writing.
The afternoon classes focus on business language. You will be taught one to one and your teacher will conduct a needs analysis to find out exactly what you need to help you improve.
Course details & prices
Intensive English for Business and Professionals / 35 hours per week / £1050 per week / £1225 per week with accommodation
English Business Plus / 25 hours per week / £512.50 per week / £687.50 per week with accommodation
Enrolment on a course is accepted once the deposit payment of £100, or the full course fees are received.
(providing the appropriate course is available to suit the student’s level and requirements).
FREE BUS PASS – All individual students staying with our homestay accommodation will receive a free bus pass.
6 weeks or more: 5% discount
12 weeks or more: 10% discount
24 weeks or more: 15% discount
(discounts only for courses 15 hours per week and more…)
Exam fee discounts of 10% are also available for internal/existing candidates
1 to 1 lesson: reduction to £35 per hour for 10 or more lessons booked and paid for in advance
Returners discount: 10%
Referral discount 10%
N.B Discounts only apply when the full fees are paid before commencement of course
Discounts not to be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions
Book Your Course
Pay Your Deposit
Enrolment on a course is accepted once payment of the deposit (£100) or full courses fees are received and conditional on space being available.
The balance of fees is to be paid 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
Cancellation of a course will result in the loss of the deposit. Any refund for cancellation due to illness is at the school’s discretion.
Once a course has commenced no refund can be made for leaving before the end of the course.
Suzanne Sparrow Plymouth Language School, its staff and representatives will not be liable for any loss, damage, illness, injury or accident to persons or property. Adequate insurance provision should be made prior to commencement of course.
- Bookings can be made by through our website, by email, in person or by telephone
- Bookings are accepted through agents and from students contacting the school directly
- A deposit of £100 is required to confirm enrolment for individuals
- A deposit of £100 per student is required to secure the places on a group booking
- Full payment of fees is required 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
- Courses are subject to availability. If unavailable an alternative date will be offered.
- The Enrolment form should be completed with care taken to read the conditions of enrolment on the reverse.
- Please refer to the Payment of Fees Policy for information on students requiring visas.
- Students taking the Cambridge First Certificate Examination should be of intermediate level
- Students taking the Cambridge Advanced Examination should be of advanced level
- Students taking the Cambridge Proficiency Examination should be of higher advanced level
- Students taking the English Plus courses should be of intermediate plus level
- A placement test to assess the level of the student is available to take prior to the commencement of the course
- Minimum ages are as follows:
- Summer Activity Course: 12 years old
- Group Bookings: 12 years old
- Teachers’ Refresher Course: 21 years old
- General and Cambridge Courses: 16 years old
Visa Application Guidelines
Students wishing to study in the UK will need a valid passport to enter the country.
Depending on where they were born or live and length of study, students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland will also need a visa (official permit) to study in England. If you are unsure if you need a Visa, please visit this website to check https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
For students who want to study a short course in the UK and will not work while they are here. A Short-Term Study Visa allows the student to study for up to 6 months or 11 months if you’re 16 or over and taking an English Language Course. A Short-Term Study Visa does NOT allow the student to work alongside their studies, have access to public funds or bring family members (“dependants”) with you – they must apply separately. You can not renew your Short-Term Study Visa in the UK. For more information please check this website https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/eligibility
For adults who would just like to visit the UK for leisure, a holiday to visit family and friends and to study is not the main reason to visit you can apply for the Standard Visitor Visa. Once in the UK if you decide to take a short English Language Course, you can study for up to 30 days. For more information please check this website https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/eligibility
If you are under 18 you can apply for a Standard Visitor Visa if
- You have made suitable arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
- You have consent from your parent or guardian to travel to the UK
- You are able to pay for your return or onward journey
- You have enough money to support yourself without working or getting help from public funds, or you have family and friends that can support you
You can travel alone to the UK without an adult (someone over the aged of 18), your parent or guardian will need to provide their:
- Written consent for you to travel to the UK
- Full contact details
- The name, address and date of birth of the person that you will be staying with
- Details of your relationship to the person who will be looking after you and their consent in writing so they can look after you during your stay in the UK
Please check here for further information on travelling with an adult (someone over the age of 18) https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/if-youre-under-18
How to apply
Guidelines on how to apply for visas can be found on the following website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/what-you-need-to-do
In order to enrol a student requiring a Visa, we require the following information:
- Exact dates of study
- Copies of passport
- Completed enrolment form
- A deposit of 25% of the full course fees is required to confirm the enrolment of the student.
Upon receipt of the deposit, a letter confirming the student’s enrolment will be issued. The student can then use this letter to assist their visa application.
Fees will be refunded if the applicant is unsuccessful (less a non-refundable deposit of £100).
Sponsored students should provide us with a Financial Letter of Guarantee from their Sponsor / Embassy before they can start studying with us. (FLG)
During the student’s stay
Passports and visas are checked and photocopied upon arrival. All of the required contact details are obtained from the student (as per our Admissions Policy) upon arrival. Students are asked to advise the office of any changes in contact details.
Attendance is monitored throughout the student’s stay and the UKVI is notified of any sustained period of absence.
- Cancellation of a course by an individual will result in the loss of their £100 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellation of a student within a group is accepted if notification is given at least 7 days prior to arrival. In this case, the fees for the cancelled student will be refunded less the £50 non-refundable deposit.
- No refund will be given for the cancellation of a student within a group where less than 7 days’ notice is given. Where exceptional circumstances are evident a refund may be given at the school’s discretion.
- Cancellation of a whole group more than 2 weeks before arrival will result in the loss of the group deposit (£50 per student)
- Cancellation of a whole group less than two weeks before arrival will result in a 25% cancellation fee.
- Once a course has commenced no refund can be made for leaving before the end of the course. Where exceptional circumstances are evident a refund may be given at the school’s discretion.
Procedure for Homestay
If an individual student wishes to leave the homestay provider before the end of their stay, one week’s notice must be given. If this is not possible a penalty of £50 will be imposed for repayment of the homestay provider.
If a student wishes to remain with their homestay provider during the Christmas Period, the student will be charged as follows:
£35 per night (24th Dec – 2nd Jan)
£25 per night outside of these dates
£12.50 per night across the Christmas break, if the student is not in the home but wishes to retain their room
Take a course with Suzanne Sparrow Plymouth Language School